- First began playing the guitar at the age of 10, studying both classical and electric throughout his formative years. By 13 he was already performing regularly in local rock bands and in 1998 was a finalist in Guitarist magazine’s Young Guitarist of the Year.
- Studied jazz at Middlesex University, graduating in 2006 with first-class honours. Whilst there, he received tuition from guitarists Mike Outram and Carl Orr.
- Held the guitar chair in the National Youth Jazz Orchestra (NYJO) from 2007-2010 and during his time there, played with artists such as Buddy Greco, John Dankworth, Norma Winstone and Stan Sulzmann. He is featured on their albums When You’re Ready (2009) and A Christmas Carol in Six Movements (2011), both recorded live at Ronnie Scott’s jazz club.
- Performed with numerous other jazz orchestras including the Jay Craig Orchestra, Sinatra Live at the Sands tribute and Callum Au Big Band, whose debut album Something's Coming was released to critical acclaim in 2013. Other artists he has played with include Pop Idol finalist Darius Campbell, Newton Faulkner and Bruce Forsyth.
- Performed in various musical theatre productions, including West End show Zorro the Musical, which ran at the Garrick Theatre from 2008-2009.
- Gigged across the UK as well as abroad in Venice, Qatar, Istanbul, Toulouse and Monaco.
- Performed on BBC London Radio (The Robert Elms Show).
- Member of the Musicians' Union.